Fun Road Trips to Take in Florida
With a diverse population, gorgeous weather, and plenty of places to visit, Florida is an ideal spot for a road trip adventure! Whether you are traveling with the whole family in tow, itching for a romantic getaway with your sweetheart, or just flying solo, Florida has plenty to see and do for all travelers. No matter where you live in this great state, a new adventure is just a car ride away. So pack up the car, grab some snacks and settle in for a great road trip!
Looking for some Florida adventures?
Whether you are a visitor to Florida or a long-time local, there is something new for you to do in this great state that is just a few hours drive away -- and we’re going to help you find it! We're sharing a few of our favorite spots to help create this comprehensive list of great road trip adventures to take in Florida.
Northern Florida, including Jacksonville and the surrounding areas, is filled with exciting and enticing adventures! Here are just a few of the best road trip destinations out there:
- Catty Shack Ranch: No trip to Jacksonville would be complete without a visit to Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. An educational good time for all ages, the wildlife sanctuary allows you to get up close and personal with exotic animals and learn all about how they live. This is a great option for those road tripping in groups, or for those with kids!
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: If you haven’t yet had your fill of exotic wildlife in a while, take a trip to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. This zoo gives visitors insight into the lives of the many animals that call it home and teach about conservation. A great place to take the kids or as a fun part of a romantic getaway, a trip to the zoo is always a hit!
- The Florida Theatre: If you’re looking for a road trip destination to add a little cultural flair to your trip, head on over to the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville. This performance venue boasts a great variety of entertainment to choose from at reasonable prices. Catch a show with your family and loved ones and then head on downtown to one of Jacksonville’s great restaurants for a delicious meal!
The great thing about Central Florida is you can reach it from pretty much anywhere in the state without having to travel too far. Whether you are staying for a while or simply passing through to get to another road trip destination, Central Florida is a great place to visit that you simply cannot miss.
- Tampa Theatre: The Tampa Theatre offers great entertainment for all ages year round, and is a great way to explore the culture of the area while taking a break from the weather. Take in a show at the theatre after a stroll around the downtown area taking in the sights--and flavors--of this unique area.
- Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center: Florida is known for its wildlife--in particular the manatees that call Florida home. The Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center is a great place to get a close encounter with these gentle giants. Bring the kids or your loved ones out for a fun and educational day of excitement!
- Theme Parks: Orlando, located in Central Florida, is a mecca of theme parks of all kinds. Great for kids of all ages--and those who are kids at heart--theme parks like Disney World, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Universal Studios and many more offer plenty of fun for everyone in your road trip group. Spend the day--or a few!--enjoying the excitement of the theme parks.
The southern Florida area is home to a vibrant collection of people, places and events that offers something for everyone. With a rich culture, plenty of sights to see and culinary delights to enjoy, Southern Florida is a must-stop for all Florida road trip lists for families and large groups and single travelers alike!
- Boat Tours: Southern Florida is the perfect place to take in the sights and sounds of the area with a boat tour. There are many different tours offered for many different tastes, from simple fishing tours, to alligator tours and everything in between.
- Beaches: Southern Florida is home to many different beaches, each more beautiful than the last. If you are looking to enjoy some time on the coast basking in the sun, simply take your pick of one of the vast number of gorgeous beaches and head out for a day of fun in the sun!
- Miami Trolley: Are you looking for some sightseeing with just a touch of whimsey? Whether you’re just searching for a fun way to see the sights or an exciting adventure for the whole family, the Miami Trolley is an awesome way to see the city in ways you may have never thought possible. Let the Miami Trolley take you on a tour of all the best spots in the city and learn all about the area while you’re at it! You might just find your new favorite spot.
You see, when you choose to go on a road trip in Florida, whether it’s a weekend or day trip, you simply cannot go wrong. There are plenty of exciting things to do all around the state that are perfect for any group of travelers to enjoy. Whether you are enjoying a relaxing weekend getaway or spending a week traveling all across the great state of Florida, there is so much to do right in our own backyards. All you have to do is pack up the car, hit the road, and enjoy one of the many exciting destinations offered right here at home.